PRADIP – Careful support for Filtration Media
To separate a liquid from solids contained in it by means of a filter medium.
- Industrial filter presses enabled to exploit natural process and adapted them to the various areas.
- The filter systems are unconditionally essential in most of the industries. They are used in the manufacture of food, in composite chemical processes, in mining and metallurgy and today majorly in environmental engineering.
- PradipPolyfils has accepted all challenges since our birth 1989 – and emerge as amongst the leading manufacturers of filter elements.
a conversation between two people- alternating conversation.
- Every filtration process may require an individual solution. So, our openness to understand the users’ problems for us key source of development of filter elements.
- your concerns, we can work out a system solution for you, which is genuinely best suited to your requirements.
Many Companies make good filter elements but the correct ones can only be created by a process which takes account of many factors and where quality is the yardstick. Our aim is to achieve maximum efficiency and economy for our customers and, hence, to contribute to their success.
- Materials supplied by reputable suppliers of raw materials.
- Great mechanical strength coupled with elasticity
- Resistant to corrosion
- Easy care
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Despite great mechanical strength, polypropylene filter elements possess enormous elasticity and the corresponding restoring properties.
- Thanks to the elasticity of the material, considerable pressure differences can be absorbed between the filter chambers without this leading damage to the webs or permanent deformation of the filter elements.
- Sagging webs will resume their initial position very quickly after the load has been removed; the filter elements are fully operational again. Filter elements made from less flexible materials may fracture, or the deformed web does not return to its original position.
- Thermoplastic filter elements are also exceptionally lightweight compared with metallic materials; they require almost no maintenance, do not corrode and possess excellent resistance to chemicals. Many plastics are approved under food legislation and can be sterilized.
- 30 years’ experience in handling this material guarantees that, together, we can make the correct choice.
Quote: Even today, scientists cannot agree on how the ancient Egyptians built their pyramids. Only one thing is certain: spirit and will triumphed. If each individual had not devoted all his energy to one common, supreme goal and had given its best, then the project could not have succeeded.
Production: manufacture of goods and commodities.
- For example, we only use raw materials with precisely defined specifications from reputable manufacturers. This is your guarantee of consistent quality in terms of strength and chemical resistance of your filter elements. They minimize your costs as a result of good production reliability and the long life of our filter elements.
- Different materials can also be used for critical filtration processes- in other words, tailor-made combinations of materials are possible. Physiologically safe materials come as standard.
- The manufacturing process can be traced back to the material supplier. Environmentally friendly recycling or disposal are possible.
PPPL Filtration systems
The following are the technical advantages of membrane plates:-
- Short filtration cycle:
A slow cake moisture content by pressure filtration can only be achieved with recessed plates by high filtration pressure and long filtration time (B).
The membrane system requires much lower filtration pressure to fill the chambers (A)
The low cake moisture content caused by squeezing with a flexible membrane (C).
The production cycle is determined by
- Fast feed of chambers of low filtration pressure.
- Cake squeezing in a few minutes with pressures up to 5N/mm2
Low residual moisture
Application of squeezing pressure to filter cake by elastic membranes replaces the high-pressure filtration phase of conventional recessed plates.
- Remarkable reduction of residual cake moisture in shorter time
- Reduction of total filtration cycle time
- Increase filtrate output
- Very short discharge time
- Increase in solid content up to ca. 100% with special vacuum process
- Less cake adhesion on the filter cloth
- Automatisation of filtration process
- Lower cost of pumps
- Saving in energy
- Less transport and dumping costs due to compact and very dry filter cakes
- Short washing cycle
PPPL membrane technology creates a homogeneous cake without cracks by applying a low membrane squeeze pressure during cake washing.
- Uniform and adjustable capillary structure
- Optimal cake washing efficiency during shortened washing time
- Reduced washing liquor consumption
- Exchangeable membrane
The membrane is easily exchangeable
- Not necessary to exchange the complete filter plate
- Only replacement of membrane necessary
- Membrane materials can be adapted to suit operating conditions
- Load on membrane
No direct press closing force is applied to the membrane surface:
- The membrane does not cover the sealing rim of the plate and the support bosses of the plate in case of exchangeable membranes
- No need or an additional filter press closing force control in most applications
- High elasticity of membrane
The elastic membrane adjusts itself to the shape of cake without permanent deformation caused by uneven cake surface or different cake densities:
- Homogeneous cakes of equal density for effective washing and cake airdrying
- Extension of the membrane into empty chamber without any problems
- Sealing of filter system
The plan-parallel machining of membrane plates according to DIN 7129 achieves a perfect sealing surface. For applications where a liquid-tight seal is required, a complete gasketed plate (CGR) is also available.
- Increased filtrate outlet cross-sectional area
The diameter and quantity of filtrate outlet ports can be adapted to process requirements
- Large filtrate volumes can easily be drained off
- No blockages, often due to solids and/or crystallization
- No restrictions at clogging outlets due to filter cloth obstruction
- Fields of application
The materials used by PPPL, allow installations in almost every field of application and can be adapted to any working conditions:
- Temperatures -20 up to 140o C
- filtration pressure up to 1,5 MPa (15 bar)
- adaption to resist chemical conditions
- Safety of exchangeable membrane system
The exchangeable PPPL membrane is not bolted or welded as a rigid connection into the sealing area.
- The pressure of the squeezing fluid can only be maintained under a full closing pressure of the filter plates.
- The membrane is immediately released from groove if the closing pressure is lower than squeezing pressure
- Pressure release without destroying the membrane
- Reduction of safety feature requirements.